Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas: Should I Shop or Save?



It's that time of year boyz and girlz...it's Christmas!! And as exciting as this time of year can be for families all over the US, I have noticed quite a change in the shopping trends. PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!! Personally, I am looking forward to spending time with the fam and enjoying those good Southern home-cooked meals, but surprisingly, the gift-giving isn't at the top of my list. Now everyone in my family understands that these are tough times and not to expect a give from me this year ;-(, but that's not what Christmas is all about anyway.

It's about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, and the fact that HE allowed us to make it one more year. Not trying to preach, but I think over the last dozen years, people somehow forgot that. Maybe I was one of them. And with the continuous threat of people losing their jobs, those extra funds should probably be stashed away for a rainy day. But with all that said, I am still very excited about making the journey down south to visit some close relatives and friends, and making plans for New Year's. My first New Year's in DC....I'm so afraid of what's goin down...IT'S SERIOUS!~

No comments: